Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Time

Time sure flies. Its already 2015. My first post on this blog was 8 years ago! Its really crazy how fast time actually flies. Life goes on and time wont wait or slow down for anyone, therefore we have to make the best of each and every moment we have.

That's one thing I've learnt throughout these years. I've begin to truly appreciate the time we have, especially with our loved ones. I guess being in a long distance relationship plays a role in that too. We don't get to see each other everyday like how a normal couple would, we are separated by the oceans, being in different countries, not being able to physically hold one another. But when we actually see each other, Its a feeling I cannot begin to describe, and I always cherish every single second I have with him because we never know for sure when will we see each other again.

I begin to see how important time is with family. Its crucial that we make time for our family no matter how busy we are because no money in the world can buy us the time we need for them. Family is the core of your life and if we can't even make time for them, eventually we will start to crack and fall apart.

---

Anyway, I've side tracked a bit. I actually wanted to update from where I left 6 months ago. Also, I've decided to write at least twice a year just to keep my life documented for future Aisyah to laugh at and to remember the little things along my journey.

Since June 2014, as usual, there were good and bad. I got myself a baby kitten from Nor's clinic and named him Almond. Raised him up since he was just as big as my palms (in this case, very small because I have small hands). I went to Europe again! This time its with my mom and nor. Affiah came back to KL for Raya and went back to Europe at the same time as us. When my parents surprised me with their decision of the Euro trip, I couldn't be any happier. The fact that I'll be seeing the love of my life again after 3 long months made me the happiest girl on earth! It wasn't easy at all for us at the beginning. Marin went to Brazil for the world cup right after he left KL and it limits us from communicating for over a month. Time difference was 12 hours and there's super limited internet there (mostly no webcam and no microphone). We'd only manage to talk to each other once every 4/5 days via facebook message. It was difficult times but It really thought me something. I learnt to be patient and to truly trust someone. The fact that he was in Brazil and I'm not a single bit worried, jealous or anything tells me something; I really can trust a person that much.

Anyways for the Euro trip: We went to Paris, London and Venice. Venice was amazingly beautiful. Its definitely a place everyone has to see before they die! My mom and nor left Paris for KL and i stayed on a while longer in Paris. Met Marin's family and friends while i was there. He's surrounded by great people, its no wonder he is how he is. A dear friend, Florian came to visit me as well while i was there. We went to visit affiah in Nantes as well. Its nice to see that she's fitting right in and that she has a great group of friends there. I'm super happy for her!

Marin moved to Japan to finish his last semester there which makes it much much muchhh more easier for us to see and contact one another because of the time difference of just 1 hour. We have a routine of skyping each other almost every night just to update what we did throughout the day and then we'd watch a movie to fall asleep and leave the skype till morning. We'd then wake up together and then continue with our day. Little things like that makes me appreciate the time I have with him even more. He came to visit me 3 times since we last saw each other in France. Although its always horrible to say goodbye to the person you love, I just know that we'd be together again very soon and that's the thing that keeps me going everyday. Ever since the beginning hes always been really positive about us and he always tries his best to be closer to me. He will be doing his internship in Singapore starting March this year which is super incredible! I must have done something good in life to be with someone as amazing as him :)

Anyways, in December 2014 we hosted Nenek's 75th birthday at our house. There were about 40+ people all from my dad's side of the family! It's always nice to see us all together under one roof. We also celebrated Deepavali at Frasers hills this year. The place we stayed wasn't the best, but at least we were all together.

Now about uni. I have finally finished my studies in Unirazak. Haven't officially graduated yet but I'm done with my final exams. We moved to a new campus which is located at Jalan Tangsi at the old Bank Rakyat building just recently at the end of December. I was hoping to finish my degree at the old campus in Capsquare, the place where everything started, where I spent 4 years of my life. Its funny to think about Unirazak actually. The first time my parents enrolled me into the uni, i hated the place. I hated the fact that its smack in the middle of KL, i hated the fact that none of my high school friends were there, i hated the fact that most of the people there are super weird, I basically hated everything about unirazak. But now when I look back, I wouldn't have change anything about it at all! I had a great experience being outside of my comfort zone. Met amazing people who I want to keep for the rest of my life, became more independent, my love for Kuala Lumpur grew strong tremendously, experienced living abroad, and the best of all, I met the love of my life there. I don't regret anything. Its really sad to say goodbye to Unirazak, but that's one chapter of my life that's done.

So there we go, now for the bad. My family lost someone really special to us in November. Pixie boy left us after 5 great years. He got involved in an accident where he got rolled over by my dad's car while he was sleeping underneath it. Its not usual for this to happen to him because usually he will immediately run away when the engine starts. But on that fateful day, he just continued sleeping. Pixie boy suffered internal bleeding and passed away on the way to the vet. They buried him at the back garden. I wasn't around when all this tragedy happened so it makes me feel like he's not really gone. He'll come back. I wish.

Here are some pictures since June 2014-Jan 2015


Baby Almond
Current Almond at 6 months
That one time my dad brought back tonnes of durians from our kebun in Tapah
Made cheese cake for my mommy's 58th birthday!

Nenek's 75th birthday with the carrot cake I made
(the night I got the most compliment in my life about the cake lol) 
My precious little nephews

 
Happy Deepavali!
Hiking at Sg. Pisang with the fambam

Helipad with the best friend!
Buka puasa at RSC with my ladies
Paris 
      


Venice



Made a dick cake for the first time (Nadiah's bachelorette party)
With my favourite ladies at Unirazak's Gala Night 2014

New campus
Dinner at Cafe Al-Ghufran
Can't get over how good my man looks!
Je t'aime mon coeur < 3


No comments: