Sunday, August 29, 2010

An expensive lesson


Here's a photo of my Saga. It may not look bad, but it is kinda bad for an accident from a very short distance.

The dude called me this morning about the accident. We wanted to file a police report so that we can claim insurance but we figured that its alot of work.

First we have to go to a police station, fill in a report slip, take pictures of the car then submit the form and the pictures to the police, then the police will have to go through it and investigate things which will usually take several weeks maybe months, and in some case they will have to keep the car with them, then we have to go back to the police station and fill in more forms, and finally when they approve, THEN we can claim form the insurance company and get the car fixed.

So we decided to just get the car repaired ourselves. He suggested a workshop along jalan Ipoh, so we agreed. We met them there and discussed with the repair dude and he came with a conclusion; both cars about RM4000+! D:

So my dad suggested this place where he always brings his car, around the PJ area. So we got there and the guy wrote the price on a piece of paper. My car costs about RM1400+ and the waja costs about RM1000.

I have to change the bonnet, the grills and the bumper and a paint job. sigh...
whereas the waja needs to change the right back light and the bumper and prolly some knocking and paint job on the boot.

My dad said he felt sorry for me cause i have to face these kind of problems at a very young age whilst my friends are just under the pressure of studying.

Yet, he feels glad that im gaining more experience on the road and in life. hohoho (Y)

Over all, I'm thankful that this happened to me. It made me realize that life is very fragile. One mistake, and your life might be gone. So we have to always, ALWAYS be careful with whatever we're doing. no joke.

No comments: