Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Worst day of my life.

Hello

Yesterday was one of the worst day of my life.

My nenek passed away :'(

This would be my first time having someone close to my family gone. I never thought i would cry or actually feel really sad about this, because i'm not really close to her. But for these past few days, i felt really close. Maybe cause i was there by her side on her last days. I felt really really sad when i saw her lying on her mattress, helpless, just getting ready to face Allah.


She couldn't speak or anything at that moment. I wondered why her tongue was short. so, I asked my mom, She said Allah made her tongue like that so that she cant tell us whats happening or what shes seeing. Because in Islam, before we die, we will see everything that we did since the day we reached puberty till the day we die. Just like a replay of our life. Sometimes her expression is calm, sometimes its sad, and sometimes she just doesn't feel like seeing those things so she kept shaking her head and waving her hands in front of her face. Only Allah knows what she's seeing.

My grandma was a great person. She memorised the whole surah Yaasin! When i read the Yaasin to her, she still tries to correct me even in her death bed. And sometimes, she tries to follow me read the Yaasin. :')


I wasn't there when she passed away. My dad, me, and my sisters left for KL yesterday morning. My mom stayed. I didn't want to go at all. Then, we got a call from my mom, she told us that Nenek was really really sick! We were already at Kuala Kerai at that moment, Then we Turned back, and head back to Bachok. but... half an hour later, we were too late. She passed away at 12.30pm. and we reached half an hour after that. which was at 1pm.

The last thing i said to her was, "Bye nenek, jangan lupa mengucap setiap hari kay?" and i kissed her warm cheeks. and just seeing her cold body there made me teared.

I read the Yaasin to her again for the last time. but this time, no one corrected me. Then, at about 5pm, she got showered by my mom, my aunty, and 4 more women. And she was finally wraped in her kain kapan. They left her face unwrapped so that we can say our final good byes to her. I kissed her cheeks, and her forehead. she was cold. :(

Seeing my mom saying goodbye to her made me cry. its so sad. My mom is very strong. she cried but not so much. Although she looks like shes about to burst in tears. Then, when my grandma's face was covered, she was placed in a coffin, so that the guys can pray for her. Then finally, she was brought to her grave and was buried right next to her husband, my grandfather.

my mom always remind me that "walaupun bertapa kaya, bertapa miskin, pangkat sebesar mana pun, akhir sekali kita semua akan tinggal dua benda.. kain kapan dan Amal Ibadat saja untuk berdepan dengan Allah s.w.t" And now, i see it.

semoga rohnya dirahmati Allah.
Al-Fatihah...

No comments: